Skip to main content

A DAY OUT OF REACH...

On the way to office, suddenly I realised I have forgotten to take the cell phone with me. Reflex of the mind was to rush back. But already I have had crossed three fourth of the distance and decided to do without it for the day.

"Hey guys, I am minus my cell today..."

"Are you sure you have not lost your cell again?"...I was not, but there was no way to confirm. So better be comfortable with the idea that I have left if at home.

As the day progressed, I started feeling like Gulliver in the alien land. Every time there was confusion my hands rushed for the cell. Oh Shit!

Most of the communication in the group takes place through it. (Not necessarily a call. At times a miss call meant "I'm not getting you. Call back through the intercom"). More than that it was the phone book, hand watch...

Still it was not that bad. No cell means you are not reachable anywhere and everywhere. That means no unnecessary interference from the bosses in the form of necessary instructions (which they think to be) regarding the next assignments while you are struggling to meet the deadline of the one at hand. That means you do not have to be always ready with an excuse for not doing something. That means...

On returning home, rushed for the place I expected the cell to be...it was not there. "Are you sure it was not with you when you left for office?" asked Soum. From Munni's expressions I became sure that they have not hidden it somewhere to enjoy my situation...that only means...I have lost my cell again, second time in four months...while taking a shower I was trying to convince myself that I have lost the cell, that I ought to feel sad about it...

I felt as if I have lost a piece of my heart when I lost the first one...but not this time, let me assure you...it does not pain you as much the second time…of course it will take some time to adjust with the absence, till I buy a new one...


PS: Soum and Munni decided to end the episode and took out the cell from the hide...a happy end...few moments after I switched it on it started ringing "hey what happened to your cell? I have been trying for the past one hour”...I am back to the network that promises to follow me where ever I am…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Firefly Syndrome!

Friday March 24, 2006

Reminder alert of the cell phone dragged me out of sleep at 5:30 in the morning. The screen flashed FMC...FMC...FMC

"Friday Morning Class? Oh shit!"

(It's one of the hundreds of things; I am trying to absorb either into my daily or weekly schedule thanks to my new profile in a KPO.)

That means I will have to reach office 45 minutes earlier than a normal day, sit patiently in the conference room, either listening to the lifeless preaching of an unmotivated 'motivation expert' (something I hate from the bottom of my heart) or struggle to make sense out of a presentation by a Chartered Accountant or an MBA on some topic of their interest. I am the odd man out in such classes. But attending them is mandatory.

While concepts of management always tickle my senses, I feel awkward listening to CAs. The Topics they discuss hardly make any sense to me. So I have find out various ways of utilizing the time I feel I am wasting. When there's no other opti…

WISHES FOR PRITHA...

TDL

Here's a spur-of-the-moment struggling to live an organized life. Perhaps it's like a creeper trying to standalone, imitating a tree.

Suddenly I realized everything was going out of control. You have ten things to do, all of them having nearly the same dead-line. My gut feeling was that I have to rearrange my mind-set and upgrade it to 'multi tasking enabled' mode.

And I started using an organiser...get the habit of preparing ' To-Do-List'. Preparation of TDL before start working became a daily ritual. At times I have had to drag myself an extra bit to meet the self commitment. But the results of doing so in the first few days really satisfied me...

It does not take long for the nuptial to be over. I found myself revising and rearranging the TDL many time a day to meet the demand. No matter how hard I tried, there were left-over of the day's TDL, for the next day. TDLs started piling up.

Now I am a silent helpless spectator, of the TDL getting elongated every d…