Skip to main content

A DAY OUT OF REACH...

On the way to office, suddenly I realised I have forgotten to take the cell phone with me. Reflex of the mind was to rush back. But already I have had crossed three fourth of the distance and decided to do without it for the day.

"Hey guys, I am minus my cell today..."

"Are you sure you have not lost your cell again?"...I was not, but there was no way to confirm. So better be comfortable with the idea that I have left if at home.

As the day progressed, I started feeling like Gulliver in the alien land. Every time there was confusion my hands rushed for the cell. Oh Shit!

Most of the communication in the group takes place through it. (Not necessarily a call. At times a miss call meant "I'm not getting you. Call back through the intercom"). More than that it was the phone book, hand watch...

Still it was not that bad. No cell means you are not reachable anywhere and everywhere. That means no unnecessary interference from the bosses in the form of necessary instructions (which they think to be) regarding the next assignments while you are struggling to meet the deadline of the one at hand. That means you do not have to be always ready with an excuse for not doing something. That means...

On returning home, rushed for the place I expected the cell to be...it was not there. "Are you sure it was not with you when you left for office?" asked Soum. From Munni's expressions I became sure that they have not hidden it somewhere to enjoy my situation...that only means...I have lost my cell again, second time in four months...while taking a shower I was trying to convince myself that I have lost the cell, that I ought to feel sad about it...

I felt as if I have lost a piece of my heart when I lost the first one...but not this time, let me assure you...it does not pain you as much the second time…of course it will take some time to adjust with the absence, till I buy a new one...


PS: Soum and Munni decided to end the episode and took out the cell from the hide...a happy end...few moments after I switched it on it started ringing "hey what happened to your cell? I have been trying for the past one hour”...I am back to the network that promises to follow me where ever I am…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Photo courtsey: www.robi-bobi.net

ANY ANSWER?

Clemenceau… The ship that died. But didn’t stop killing. Imagine you're the State of France. What do you do with a 27,000-tonne warship full of asbestos, PCBs, lead, mercury, and other toxic chemicals, which you don't want and no European country is willing or able to scrap for you? Why, you send it off to India to be broken up by hand in a scrapyard where impoverished workers are injured and die every day? GREENPEACE, india

I AM ALIVE!

Every time I looked at the calendar I was happy, seeing the weekend coming closer. Two consecutive off days! There were so many things pending. Though I was expecting my new work profile to be consuming, but I never thought it would be so overriding. In spite of all my efforts throughout the past fortnight, I failed to manage time to blog. So, first thing I would do is to visit my favourite blogs and if possible post something, I decided. There were two tags from Jac and Aquamarine pending (almost for a month). I managed to sit and finished writing thems. But, thanks to many technical difficulties posting them remained to be a reality. Here comes another weekend and with a little time to spare, trying to post them. Here's the tag from Jac What were you doing 10 years ago? Busy cracking formulas and theories of mathematics. Five snacks you enjoy Potato chips, Aloo Bhujia, rusk, peanuts and samosas. Five songs to which you know all the lyrics Summer of 69, Best of Me, Everything I