Skip to main content

GOING AGAINST THE GENES...

AT times you strive to, tend to be like the ones you admire. "That's obvious as you admire those with when you can identify your expectations, your hopes and dreams."

Yes, but what about the ones whom " whether you admire or not", you tend to follow and act like instinctively. Your actions, reactions match with theirs'. So much so, at times you feel the things about you were predetermined. The way you will be, the way you think...No I am not talking about those stars above us that are supposed to 'outsource' the decisions that ultimately give shape to our lives. I do not believe them.

I am talking about the permutation and combinations of those 36 million genes, reasons behind my existence which science books say are unique to me. Alas, even then they fail to make me some one different from "Deuta" (as we call father)

From my child hood I have heard relatives and people saying "He has gone to his father". That made no sense to me till I started feeling the influence of the invisible strings with which they control my brainwaves and my movements, the genes I have inherited from my father.

They push me to be indifferent to everything around me...push me to be interested in everything under the sun, but crazy about nothing...inspire me to be without any preferences, without any choices...lead me to be at dilemma every time I have to choose between this or that...inject into me everything that is my father's, one whom I love so much but hardly want to be like...

Comments

Soumyadip said…
There are qualities, which we inherit, and the ones, which we acquire through our individual efforts. The hereditary part undoubtedly plays a pivotal part and will continue to influence our destiny. It is inescapable.
jac said…
That is a nice post, chum ! Thanks for visiting me and for the comment. I will be back to read your archives

Popular posts from this blog

Photo courtsey: www.robi-bobi.net

ANY ANSWER?

Clemenceau… The ship that died. But didn’t stop killing. Imagine you're the State of France. What do you do with a 27,000-tonne warship full of asbestos, PCBs, lead, mercury, and other toxic chemicals, which you don't want and no European country is willing or able to scrap for you? Why, you send it off to India to be broken up by hand in a scrapyard where impoverished workers are injured and die every day? GREENPEACE, india

I AM ALIVE!

Every time I looked at the calendar I was happy, seeing the weekend coming closer. Two consecutive off days! There were so many things pending. Though I was expecting my new work profile to be consuming, but I never thought it would be so overriding. In spite of all my efforts throughout the past fortnight, I failed to manage time to blog. So, first thing I would do is to visit my favourite blogs and if possible post something, I decided. There were two tags from Jac and Aquamarine pending (almost for a month). I managed to sit and finished writing thems. But, thanks to many technical difficulties posting them remained to be a reality. Here comes another weekend and with a little time to spare, trying to post them. Here's the tag from Jac What were you doing 10 years ago? Busy cracking formulas and theories of mathematics. Five snacks you enjoy Potato chips, Aloo Bhujia, rusk, peanuts and samosas. Five songs to which you know all the lyrics Summer of 69, Best of Me, Everything I