Skip to main content

A LIFELINE ON THE TIMELINE



SEVEN
"Why don't you accept that you are not happy? Why do you pretend to be happy when you are not?" she demanded.

After a pause I succumbed "Yes"...She is one of the few who pull my inside out, forces me to "think aloud".

MINUS ONE
One day when I had a scuffle with her(one year back) at office on the issue of a news-tape, it was really unimaginable that one day I would find myself struggling for words to express the emptiness I am feeling from the time I sensed she is going to be even far-off.

I can not recall when and how after that we settled down the differences and started behaving as amicable colleagues. Perhaps there was no individual bitterness in that.

Still we hardly have had communicated, except for smiles exchanged at times and at times jeering each other.

ZERO
In fact I came to know that she has crept into my life only after one day she called up to say she will not be attending the same office again. Perhaps Simon Weil was not wrong when she said, "Every separation is a link"
ONE
" One day if u need us frnd and there are 100 steps b/w us u take da first step 2 get near me I will take all the 99 steps 2b there 4 U! Trust Me!"

And I found myself messaging, talking and sharing about small little things in life, ups and downs. She became one in the comfort zone in the small sphere of influence I have.

FIVE
"I am little scared of going to new places. I do not know how the people there will be. You know I can't just mix up with anyone and every one."

"Since you have never stayed away from home, I think you should not give up this chance. It's really a different experience, staying at you own. The world changes completely," I suggested.

I am also scared of changes.

I did have fears when I left home four years back. Shall I be able to mix up with people there? I have had fears about my ability to communicate with the people with the command (?) of the Languages of the region I am going to be. But look how comfortable I am with you all.

NINE

"Will you miss me? Will you call me up? "
" No"
" You are so mean."
"Yes. I am "

Do not believe me...I will not promise(I am not good at keeping them). But I know I will have to struggle to adjust with the change that are inevitable...you made the world a better place for me...

Comments

jac said…
Sagacious and stoic !!
You do write with passion and pep.

Popular posts from this blog

Photo courtsey: www.robi-bobi.net

ANY ANSWER?

Clemenceau… The ship that died. But didn’t stop killing. Imagine you're the State of France. What do you do with a 27,000-tonne warship full of asbestos, PCBs, lead, mercury, and other toxic chemicals, which you don't want and no European country is willing or able to scrap for you? Why, you send it off to India to be broken up by hand in a scrapyard where impoverished workers are injured and die every day? GREENPEACE, india

I AM ALIVE!

Every time I looked at the calendar I was happy, seeing the weekend coming closer. Two consecutive off days! There were so many things pending. Though I was expecting my new work profile to be consuming, but I never thought it would be so overriding. In spite of all my efforts throughout the past fortnight, I failed to manage time to blog. So, first thing I would do is to visit my favourite blogs and if possible post something, I decided. There were two tags from Jac and Aquamarine pending (almost for a month). I managed to sit and finished writing thems. But, thanks to many technical difficulties posting them remained to be a reality. Here comes another weekend and with a little time to spare, trying to post them. Here's the tag from Jac What were you doing 10 years ago? Busy cracking formulas and theories of mathematics. Five snacks you enjoy Potato chips, Aloo Bhujia, rusk, peanuts and samosas. Five songs to which you know all the lyrics Summer of 69, Best of Me, Everything I