Skip to main content

SPIRAL...

Lightening that mocks the night,
Brief even as bright…

PB Shelly, Mutability

Her questions stripped off, one by one, the faces I was wearing, and here I was facing the reflection. "Damn it!" I screamed, frightened by the sight of real me, perhaps first time after decades. The escapist, in hibernation, who has forgotten how to stand the rays of the summer sun.

I have been here before,
But when or how I can not tell:
I know the gross beyond the door,
The sweet keen smell,

Sudden Light, Dante Gabriel Rossetti

Yes, but I never bothered to peep into, beyond the reach of the sunrays. I never thought there can be so much of darkness hiding in each and every corner of the rusted inside.

I sat in my cold stone room
Choosing tough words, granite, flint,

to break the ice.

Demeter, Carol Ann Duffy

Now, I am sitting with the old rusted tool box. As the keys have denied moving inside the lock, I have to hammer it down...to dismantle each and every part of the face I am wearing now, dust and rinse inside and reassemble it again. I have the tough task of proving that I care for what she cares...

No body but me has this memory. This
memory has no body but me.

The Host, Roy Fisher


Comments

starry nights said…
I like this "Now, I am sitting with the old rusted tool box. As the keys have denied moving inside the lock, I have to hammer it down...to dismantle each and every part of the face I am wearing now, dust and rinse inside and reassemble it again. I have the tough task of proving that I care for what she cares..."" cool post.
totaramkiaaatma said…
If u r not merely writing for the sake of writing then don't just get lost in verse. I think this is one of your touching posting.
totaramkiaaatma said…
If u r not merely writing for the sake of writing then don't just get lost in verse. I think this is one of your touching posting.
jac said…
That Shelly piece is beautiful !!

Popular posts from this blog

Firefly Syndrome!

Friday March 24, 2006

Reminder alert of the cell phone dragged me out of sleep at 5:30 in the morning. The screen flashed FMC...FMC...FMC

"Friday Morning Class? Oh shit!"

(It's one of the hundreds of things; I am trying to absorb either into my daily or weekly schedule thanks to my new profile in a KPO.)

That means I will have to reach office 45 minutes earlier than a normal day, sit patiently in the conference room, either listening to the lifeless preaching of an unmotivated 'motivation expert' (something I hate from the bottom of my heart) or struggle to make sense out of a presentation by a Chartered Accountant or an MBA on some topic of their interest. I am the odd man out in such classes. But attending them is mandatory.

While concepts of management always tickle my senses, I feel awkward listening to CAs. The Topics they discuss hardly make any sense to me. So I have find out various ways of utilizing the time I feel I am wasting. When there's no other opti…

WISHES FOR PRITHA...

TDL

Here's a spur-of-the-moment struggling to live an organized life. Perhaps it's like a creeper trying to standalone, imitating a tree.

Suddenly I realized everything was going out of control. You have ten things to do, all of them having nearly the same dead-line. My gut feeling was that I have to rearrange my mind-set and upgrade it to 'multi tasking enabled' mode.

And I started using an organiser...get the habit of preparing ' To-Do-List'. Preparation of TDL before start working became a daily ritual. At times I have had to drag myself an extra bit to meet the self commitment. But the results of doing so in the first few days really satisfied me...

It does not take long for the nuptial to be over. I found myself revising and rearranging the TDL many time a day to meet the demand. No matter how hard I tried, there were left-over of the day's TDL, for the next day. TDLs started piling up.

Now I am a silent helpless spectator, of the TDL getting elongated every d…