Skip to main content

SCARED OF LIGHT!

I usually don't peep into the affairs of others around me. But I failed to avoid noticing that the girl (in her early twenties) sitting next to me was dozing off with a book open in her hands. Allan Pease's "Body Language: How to Read Others' Thoughts by Their Gestures"...I felt the curves on my face taking the shape of a big smile.

Perhaps it's the period of life when almost everyone craves for a peep into the life of the people around.

I too tried my best to acquire the magic power of reading one without letting know that I was doing that. It started with my reading of a piece of Allan Pease's article in the magazine Competition Success Review about the importance of the ability to read body language of people, how mastering it can make things different for one, improve communication skills etc etc...inspired deep into my heart, I tried to grasp everything I can get on the topic.

In the same process I came in terms with the art of analysing handwritings, something I tried to master too. As far as my memory supports, there were no significant advancement made in both the fields...I do not even remember when I winded up my scuttle for the 'third eye'.

I can't say it's the result of my sweating of those days that I can (to some extent) read people. At times, mostly unintentional, I make some reading of human behaviour, to find them coming true later. But most of the times I follow my nature of going against my instinct and ignore them. While they make me wonder whether I have got that magic power once I starved for, I can't ignore the fact that there are an equal number of cases when my interpretations went wrong.

Whatever it is, I struggle a lot to keep my mind shut now. Else, it would come up with logic and counter-logic for or against every message that my senses capture, cook them up and in a matter of seconds produce various possible versions the message.

And I know for sure, the best way to happiness is to be able to stop reading between the lines and listening to the silences. Just imagine, you have got an x-ray vision and you have the power to see deep inside. Do you think you will be able to fall in love with someone in this condition (when you will be seeing his /her skeleton when ever you look at) ? You were true, at times things are better when kept in darkness.

Yes, there are only a handful in whose presence of my mind remains silent. I can think aloud. (You will find this usually silent man turning into a chatter box with them!)

It's because of their presence, the world is a better place for me and I'm better man.

Comments

totaramkiaaatma said…
But why is this post called scared of light?
starry said…
I have to agree with you "the best way to happiness is to be able to stop reading between the lines and listening to the silences."
divya said…
that is the definition of a friend where the mind goesquiet n is at peace it doesn't search for answers and is not scared of being judged..right?
u r lucky u have them..
jac said…
With loneliness covering me neck
deep, I don't comment on listening to the silences.

But if you don't read between the lines, there will be no poetries and no Gibrans or Emilys.

Think about it.
:)
Aparna Mudi said…
for a 'silent man' that u call urself...ur typing does quite some chattering....
that apart u write well....
sometimes silences throw more light on a situation than any handwriting reading ...or face reading or a thousand words can...
im scared of silences....for me they reveal too much
Greta Björg said…
Hi...
I´m back!
Have a look at my drawings and paintings...
Cheers,
Greta
the m...mouse.

Popular posts from this blog

Photo courtsey: www.robi-bobi.net

ANY ANSWER?

Clemenceau… The ship that died. But didn’t stop killing. Imagine you're the State of France. What do you do with a 27,000-tonne warship full of asbestos, PCBs, lead, mercury, and other toxic chemicals, which you don't want and no European country is willing or able to scrap for you? Why, you send it off to India to be broken up by hand in a scrapyard where impoverished workers are injured and die every day? GREENPEACE, india

I AM ALIVE!

Every time I looked at the calendar I was happy, seeing the weekend coming closer. Two consecutive off days! There were so many things pending. Though I was expecting my new work profile to be consuming, but I never thought it would be so overriding. In spite of all my efforts throughout the past fortnight, I failed to manage time to blog. So, first thing I would do is to visit my favourite blogs and if possible post something, I decided. There were two tags from Jac and Aquamarine pending (almost for a month). I managed to sit and finished writing thems. But, thanks to many technical difficulties posting them remained to be a reality. Here comes another weekend and with a little time to spare, trying to post them. Here's the tag from Jac What were you doing 10 years ago? Busy cracking formulas and theories of mathematics. Five snacks you enjoy Potato chips, Aloo Bhujia, rusk, peanuts and samosas. Five songs to which you know all the lyrics Summer of 69, Best of Me, Everything I