Skip to main content

We three...

My echo...

Slowly the cracking sounds of the dry leaves died out and I got a feel of the rocky ground I was walking on...only sounds remained were that of wind and the last rays of the setting sun getting reflected after striking on the sharp edges of the uneven rocks...

"Is there any one around? Can any one hear me?"...ear me?...r me?...r me?...me...e?...e?...e?” Words kept on bouncing till they lost all their energy in the roughness of the rocks and died out.


My shadow...

I saw him standing in front of the mirror with the same old tool box.

"Hey, what are you doing?"

"Can't you see? Trying to fix a smile!"

"What a big job that is?"

"Why don't you help me out? I have been trying for past one hour. But some how none of the smiles are looking good on my face?"

I got busy with the screw driver...fixing different curves on the face, to fix the smile that looks perfect...after struggling for one hour more I also realised, it's not as simple as it seems...now it was time for me to be irritated, "But why do you want to fix it at all?"

"I need to do it."

"But why?"

"I need to be happy?"

He threw me a look that meant "No more questions" and got busy again...

and me...

a sudden surge of light, as if I was under a spot light...warmth that formed a blanket sheltering me from the piercing winter chill...I dozed off...

I woke up, shivering in the cold, to realise it was gone...left no trace except for the bright flash that I caught through the mind's eyes and the sensation of coziness...

What was that?

A UFO perhaps!

Now waiting for the time my eyes gets adjusted to the darkness around...

Comments

totaramkiaaatma said…
have u read notes to myself???
dwaipayan said…
hat's off!!!!!!!
aklanta said…
totaramkiaatma
no I have not, I'll...

dwaipayan
thanks a lot...:)
totaramkiaaatma said…
...hugh prather
dwaipayan said…
aklanta,
how many times shall I repeat???
friends don't thank each other.
and infact I should thank you for composing such a wonderful piece and sharing it with us
breathless said…
c-o-o-l post...and cute new layout! ;;)
jac said…
It is a nice layout and the post too.
My shadow, my echo and me...
lol
Mindinside said…
hi .. am back
hope ur doing fine,
Can i borrow ur tool box?
david santos said…
Helo!
Very nice
Love you
Tank you

Popular posts from this blog

Firefly Syndrome!

Friday March 24, 2006

Reminder alert of the cell phone dragged me out of sleep at 5:30 in the morning. The screen flashed FMC...FMC...FMC

"Friday Morning Class? Oh shit!"

(It's one of the hundreds of things; I am trying to absorb either into my daily or weekly schedule thanks to my new profile in a KPO.)

That means I will have to reach office 45 minutes earlier than a normal day, sit patiently in the conference room, either listening to the lifeless preaching of an unmotivated 'motivation expert' (something I hate from the bottom of my heart) or struggle to make sense out of a presentation by a Chartered Accountant or an MBA on some topic of their interest. I am the odd man out in such classes. But attending them is mandatory.

While concepts of management always tickle my senses, I feel awkward listening to CAs. The Topics they discuss hardly make any sense to me. So I have find out various ways of utilizing the time I feel I am wasting. When there's no other opti…

WISHES FOR PRITHA...

TDL

Here's a spur-of-the-moment struggling to live an organized life. Perhaps it's like a creeper trying to standalone, imitating a tree.

Suddenly I realized everything was going out of control. You have ten things to do, all of them having nearly the same dead-line. My gut feeling was that I have to rearrange my mind-set and upgrade it to 'multi tasking enabled' mode.

And I started using an organiser...get the habit of preparing ' To-Do-List'. Preparation of TDL before start working became a daily ritual. At times I have had to drag myself an extra bit to meet the self commitment. But the results of doing so in the first few days really satisfied me...

It does not take long for the nuptial to be over. I found myself revising and rearranging the TDL many time a day to meet the demand. No matter how hard I tried, there were left-over of the day's TDL, for the next day. TDLs started piling up.

Now I am a silent helpless spectator, of the TDL getting elongated every d…